SHOGun is an application framework written in Java for building scaleable web application backends in the context of geospatial data infrastructures. It can be used directly without any specific customizations or highly customized to meet the demands of flexible project requirements.
In a nutshell
- …is written in Java and supports Java >= 11.
- …is based on top of Spring / Spring Boot.
- …provides a set of configuration entities to manage the contents of a geospatial data infrastructure (e.g. layers, applications, users or groups).
- …provides (secured) web interfaces (REST & GraphQL) for accessing and manipulating these entities (e.g. for creating an application configuration).
- …separates its functionalities into isolated microservices (e.g. for proxying OGC requests) and is highly scalable.
If you want to test the current state of SHOGun, just checkout the exemplary setup.
The REST API documentation is available here.